Lone working – personal safety matters
Developing practical strategies and tactics to minimise the risk from verbal and physical abuse demonstrates that your organisation cares, and takes threats to staff personal safety seriously.
Best practice organisations will demonstrate a proactive response to the management of risk associated with the safety of 'lone working'.
This practical, lively and punchy workshop will enable your organisation to conduct a 'root-and-branch' review of the potential risks to colleague safety and begin the process of minimising and reducing the damaging impact of potential hazards associated with 'lone working'.
The workshop will explore:
- Great service attitudes - recognising and managing our 'mindsets' towards customers/clients
- What causes aggression manifestation - understanding the factors and triggers which can lead to aggression
- Exploring the warning signs - what we see, and what we hear
- Risk assessment - the importance of regular, documented risk assessment and resulting actions
- Personal responsibilities - exploring the personal responsibilities that can contribute to risk reduction
- Personal influencing/communication styles - the impact we can have on customer attitudes and behaviour
- Understanding self and others - Berne's powerful transactional analysis model and enlightening personal profiling
- The effect on me! - exploring how we react to stressful situations and simple steps to manage our stress levels
- Organisational responsibilities - the actions and activities required of organisations to minimise risk
- Tips and techniques - debate and develop the practical steps which can become part of everyday working practice to reduce risk and contribute to personal safety
- Customer scenarios - how would you respond to these face-to-face situations?
- Personal action planning
Who should attend the workshop?
Anyone with accountability for managing the safety of others and themselves, including:
- Heads of department
- Team managers/leaders
- Frontline customer service staff who work on their own
HQN has a track record of helping organisations achieve real and lasting performance improvements. If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org