CMI Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management (QCF)
This qualification is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute and offers the chance to study for a highly respected first line management qualification at Level 3 in the UK Qualifications Credit Framework.
This two-day programme is designed to meet the needs of existing or aspiring supervisors and first line managers within the housing sector, and is intended for those people who need to maintain and develop the effectiveness and efficiency of the operations for which they are responsible by:
Motivating and developing the people who work in the team or department
Managing and communicating information
Being able to understand stakeholders and their needs, and planning to meet those needs
Improving team performance.
This qualification emphasises the need for the development of personal management capabilities as a starting point. It focuses then on people and operational management principles and practices, and the development of an appreciation of resource control and use. Across all of this, it also encompasses the need to make effective use of information in the decision-making process.
The programme concentrates on the practical application of management theory and principles in the context of the developing first line manager, thus providing a foundation for continuing professional and personal development in management. The course is delivered over two days and the workshops cover the following areas:
- The role of the supervisor or first line manager
- Managing your own time to achieve work plan objectives
- How to develop and maintain effective working relationships to achieve objectives
- Delegation, leadership and motivation
- How to identify the development opportunities of individuals and teams to meet team and organisational objectives.
- How to select and apply the best course of action to address a performance issue.
- Understanding the importance and principles of management communication
- Report writing and managing effective meetings
- The process required to continually improve meeting stakeholder requirements
- The concepts, impact and measurement of quality in teams and organisations
- Managing a healthy, safe and productive working environment.
Chartered Management Institute
The CMI is the only chartered body in the UK dedicated to management and leadership. The CMI works strategically with the Council for Administration (CIA) to help set the National Occupational Standards for management and leadership.
Fully recognised qualification
CMI qualifications are derived from the National Occupational Standards for management and leadership and accredited on the UK Qualifications Credit Framework (QCF) and the European Qualification Framework.
Alia Taub is an experienced training consultant, a lecturer, manager and commissioner. She has extensive experience of delivering accredited leadership and management qualifications within public sector organisations.
HQN has a track record of helping organisations achieve real and lasting performance improvements. If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact us by emailing email@example.com